Another good Guy Kawasaki blog, which touches on stuff that actually Diana taught me. I think reflects more of an American than a British viewpoint because US companies are more customer-centric. Even so, I've seen Diana put it to good effect in London, and the karmic scoreboard is a great attitude to have in general...
http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2006/03/the_art_of_suck.html
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like this one from Mr. K. I'm not so good at it as him I'm sure, but I'd like to think it's why I often get the emergency exit row seats in economy (i don't fly enough to get the regular upgrades!).
So many people treat service staff like they're dealing with a machine, but everyone deserves to be treated as a person, irrespective of the positive results that come back to you from it.
As a grumpy Brit I found his advice a trifle OTT and manipulative but very much agree with the approach of using courtesy and humour (i.e. having respect for service providers) goes a long way.
I think I have to agree with brainstawn (is that your dad, by the way?). Service in Holland is notoriously bad to the point of funny and if you approached someone (particularly in a restaurant) and ask them how their day was going, they'd probably call the police and ask for the strange (and possibly dangerous) person to be removed. Now, if you asked the police how their day was going, that would get you somewhere. If only waiters were as nice as police officers...
Sorry, digressing... I should get my own blog, really.
Post a Comment