Friday, March 10, 2006

Podcasts

Is anyone watching my podcasts? Seen the new one about snow in DC and Kati's tea party?

Now that I've had my video iPod a couple of months I can tell you (and I know you've been *dying* to find out) what my chosen (video) podcasts are. Drum roll...

Ricky Gervais - haven't subscribed to the pay version but probably will. This is one of a couple of audio-only podcasts that I listen to.

ABC World News Now - great update on news developments, and less parochial than the typical crappy TV news here (car accident on I-66, man shot in DC, etc.)

G4 shows - Attack of the Show, Cinematech and X-Play, for witty video game reviews

Gametrailers.com - this is a new one, and looking good so far, includes reviews too (surprisingly, Gamespot's podcast is terrible)

InDigital - out of work TV presenters doing a good gadget news podcast

Rocketboom - the original podcast show - interesting and sometimes cerebral content but patchy

NewsHour with Jim Lehrer - this is just audio: a good slice of political debate (and more like 10 minutes than an hour)

Sky News Seven Days - total junk, but it says that if the podcasts prove popular they'll put more news on the web!

KQED Gallery Crawl - monthly review of (mostly San Fran) art galleries, which makes for a nice arty break form the news and videogames

Cho Bo Ji - OK, this is a bit random and I doubt I'll keep listening, but this is a Buddhist monk here in the US who records his teachings. I was looking for an insight into Buddhism but a lot of it is gobbledigook...

Plus of course, I'm subscribed to my own fabulous video podcast in case I want to show peeps!

Speaking of Peeps, Easter is almost upon us. Diana's given up latte's for Lent and I gave up chocolate. It's a tough time but I'm sure we'll make it through...

No comments: