I've never been a huge fan of McDonalds - burgers that are bland and dishevelled, clientelle out of Chav City, fattening and unhealthy (well ok, except as a kid when I was enamoured with McDonalds). However, now that I've seen a fair few Happy Meals pass before me in the hands of my neices, I've been very pleasantly surprised by the toys that come with the meal. Often very simple plastic things, but quite ingenious and well designed/constructed. It's not just me who thinks they are good - there are collectors who specialise in them, and I've even heard that after time Happy Meal toys are considered more valuable than offical 'collectors edition' versions of the same thing.
Well, apparently (in the UK at least) there's regulation coming to cease the marketing of junk food to children and a couple of chains (KFC and Burger King I think) are cutting out the toys as a result. I'm all in favour of the rationale, but if McDonalds were to cut theirs too, I'd be rather sad to see them go.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment