Yup, Diana and I have changed jobs. Coincidentally, we're changing over within a week of each other. Diana's now working at BET.com which sounds like betting, but is actually the website for a TV channel here in the US (a sister company to MTV). I'm starting next week at Marriott.com and yes there is a friends and family rate that I'll be able to get for you...
As you can see from the .com on the end of both, we're staying firmly in our familiar territory of interactive and online. And my job is out in Bethesda (on the way to Rockville - remember that place?) so I'll be driving to work now. We were looking at Mini Coopers, but just couldn't stomach the plasticky interior (I'm not being picky here - the interior really is a big disappointment - shame because the rest of the car is fantastic) and ended up getting a BMW 325. Funnily enough Minis share the same base as the BMW 325, so the ride has a lot in common. The BM is way better built inside though, and the sat nav is very well done (v. important for me - I'm lost in DC without one). Probably a bit of an extravagence, but I followed Adam's sage advice to get the car I really want because when we have kids the choice won't be the same. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see which turns out to be our fave - the Infiniti (which we still love - a pure joy to drive) or the BM.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uh, when you have kids? Something you're not letting on guys?!
Post a Comment